Sciatica Diagnosis and Treatment at Our Chiropractic Care Clinic in Clifton NJ
People often say that their low back pain is caused by “sciatica.” In our experience, however, many people are misinformed about what sciatica actually is and how this condition presents. At the Natural Health Center in Clifton, NJ, our team proudly provides chiropractic care, acupuncture, and other pain management strategies for people living with sciatica. We also educate our clients about this condition so people will know to seek help sooner.
3 Things to Know About Sciatica
Want to learn more about sciatica? These three facts are a great place to start:
- Sciatica is a syndrome, not a specific disorder or condition. This means that sciatica is a collection of sign and symptoms that can be caused by compression of the sciatic nerve (you have a right one and left one, both exiting your spinal column in the lower back). Sciatic nerve compression can be caused by a number of different things, including a misaligned or narrowed joint, an injured disc, a bony cyst, or a tumor.
- Sciatica signs and symptoms can range from mild to severe. They typically include groin, buttocks, and pain that feels sharp, stabbing, throbbing, or burning. Numbness, tingling, and weakness can also affect the involved leg. Low back pain and stiffness are also common. These symptoms may become worse after sitting or standing for a long time, or first thing in the morning.
- Sciatica can affect people of all ages, but it’s more common as a person gets older. It’s particularly common more people who sit a lot, perform heavy lifting or repetitive bending, are overweight, or have a genetic predisposition. Auto accidents and other types of trauma may also lead to sciatica.
How a Clifton Chiropractor Naturally Relieves Sciatic Nerve Pain
Don’t hesitate to contact our Clifton chiropractor staff if you have sciatic nerve pain. We have a variety of tools and techniques that can offer natural pain management and help you feel better in day-to-day life:
- Chiropractic care, including non-invasive spinal decompression and adjustments. Adjustments alleviate pressure on the pinched sciatic nerve and help the nerve heal. They also realign your spine and eliminate the source of compression.
- Acupuncture. This triggers whole body pain relief and eases tension in the spine and nearby soft tissue.
- Corrective exercises. We teach you safer ways to move and prescribe exercises that enhance core strength and stability to prevent recurring issues. We can also teach “flossing” techniques to help heal the nerve itself.
Could Your Symptoms Be Related to Sciatica?
Call (973) 470-0687 to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor or other holistic health practitioner at the Natural Health Center of Clifton, NJ.